U.S. Route 1 Corridor Improvements
VAI provided traffic engineering and planning services for this $2,000,000 project including intersection and traffic signal improvements along the U.S. Route 1 corridor associated with a proposed mixed-use retail development in Attleboro, Massachusetts. Improvements included widening and reconstruction of approximately 1,700 feet of Route 1 from Highland Avenue to May Street, and approximately 750 feet of Angeline Street to accommodate new travel lanes and turning lanes to improve capacity, 5-foot shoulders for bicycle access; traffic signal upgrades including Accessible Pedestrian Signal (APS) push buttons and countdown heads; drainage system modifications; utility relocations; sidewalk and wheelchair ramp reconstruction for ADA/AAB compliance; pavement markings and signing; and pavement milling and overlay. Additional work included the analysis and upgrade of the existing coordinated traffic signal system at the intersections of Route 1/Highland Avenue, Route 1/Route 1A, Route 1/Angeline Street, Route 1/May Street and Route 1A/Newport Avenue.
Planning & Design Services
- Traffic Impact Assessment including operations and safety analysis, findings and recommended mitigation measures
- Expanded Environmental Notification Form and Single Environmental Impact Report
- Functional Design Report
- MassDOT Application for Permit to Access State Highway
- Preliminary and Final Design Plans, Specifications and Cost Estimate in accordance with MassDOT and Federal design guidelines and standards
- Traffic signal design and system coordination
- Preparation/attendance at pre-bid and construction meetings
- Response to contractor questions and requests for information
- Review of shop drawings
- Part time on-site observation
- Temporary traffic control plans for construction operations
- Utility coordination
Stephen M. Boudreau, P.E.
Complete – 2018
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.