McClellan Highway (Route 1A) at Boardman Street – Intersection Improvements
VAI provided transportation planning and engineering services for the analysis and design of $600,000 of improvements at the McClellan Highway (Route 1A) and Boardman Street intersection associated with a proposed Hotel development in East Boston. The operations and safety improvements included widening of Route 1A northbound to accommodate a channelized right-turn lane at Boardman Street, widening of Boardman Street to accommodate an additional left-turn lane for increased capacity, and traffic signal modifications/upgrades to accommodate the proposed intersection geometric changes, drainage modifications, sidewalk and wheelchair ramp reconstruction for ADA/AAB compliance, pavement markings and signing, and pavement milling and overlay.
Planning & Design Services
- Traffic Impact Assessment including operations and safety analysis, findings and recommended mitigation measures
- Environmental Notification Form
- Functional Design Report
- MassDOT Application for Permit to Access State Highway
- Preliminary through Final Design Plans, Specifications and Cost Estimate in accordance with MassDOT and Federal design guidelines and standards.
- Traffic analysis, and traffic signal layout, phasing and timing
- Pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
- Preparation/attendance at pre-bid and construction meetings
- Response to contractor questions and requests for information
- Review of shop drawings
- Part-time on-site observation
- Temporary traffic control plans for construction operations
- Utility coordination
- Materials testing
Stephen M. Boudreau, P.E.
Jeffrey S. Dirk, P.E., PTOE
Complete – 2014
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.