Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research
Vanasse & Associates, Inc. conducted a Transportation Impact Study for a proposed expansion of the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, Inc. (NIBRI) facilities (a 573,000 sf research and development project) located at 21 Osborn Street and 181 Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge. This study reviewed potential transportation impacts and parking demands, defined site access conditions, and recommended mitigation measures necessary to accommodate the expansion of the NIBRI World Headquarters.
- Detailed review of garage and loading dock design;
- Redesign of pedestrian facilities at several intersections; and
- Detailed intersection, pedestrian, transit, bicycle, and parking analyses.
- In addition to the Transportation Impact Study, a Parking and Transportation Demand Management Plan identifying measures to reduce the project traffic demand was also developed.
- Previous work with NIBRI and their initial PTDM Plan for 500,000 sf in the same vicinity had resulted in reductions of single-occupant commuter trips so that that only 45% of employees used private vehicles.
- Continuing Annual Transportation monitoring to satisfy the Cambridge PTDM reporting requirements.
Scott W. Thornton, P.E.
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.