Route 1 Corridor Improvements
North Attleborough, Massachusetts
VAI provided transportation planning, highway engineering, and construction services for roadway and intersection improvements on Washington Street (Route 1) associated with the proposed Seven Mile Shoppes mixed-use development in North Attleborough. Improvements included reconstruction and widening of 1,200 feet of Route 1 to accommodate two 11-foot lanes, and extended 10.5-foot exclusive turn lanes for increased capacity; 5-foot shoulders for bicycle access; traffic signal upgrades including Accessible Pedestrian Signal (APS) push buttons and countdown heads; drainage system modifications; utility relocations; sidewalk and wheelchair ramp reconstruction for ADA/AAB compliance; pavement markings and signing; and pavement milling and overlay.
Planning & Design Services
- Traffic Impact Assessment including operations and safety analysis, findings and recommended mitigation measures
- Draft and Final Environmental Impact Reports
- Functional Design Report
- MassDOT Application for Permit to Access State Highway
- Preliminary and Final Design Plans, Specifications and Cost Estimate in accordance with MassDOT and Federal design guidelines and standards
- Traffic analysis; and traffic signal layout, phasing, timing and coordination system
- Pedestrian and bicycle accommodations to meet MassDOT Healthy Transportation Policy
- Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreements and Traffic Signal Regulations
Construction Services (on-going)
- Preparation/attendance at pre-bid and construction meetings
- Response to contractor questions and requests for information
- Review of shop drawings
- Part time on-site observation
- Temporary traffic control plans for construction operations
- Utility coordination
Stephen M. Boudreau, P.E.
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.