VAI provided traffic engineering and planning services for The Pinehills community development. The Project includes the development of a 3,000 acre planned use development (PUD) consisting of 1,897 limited occupancy homes; 920 planned retirement homes; four 18-hole golf course; and 1.3 million square feet of commercial retail/office space. The study area encompassed 25 intersections and included Route 3 from the Kingston Town Line to the Bourne Town Line and all ramps and interchanged within these bounds.
- Development of a transportation system to serve the needs of the City
- Balanced the needs of the Town with the desires of the Proponent
- Maintained the rural character of the existing roadways, the project site, and adjacent properties.
- Development of a detailed Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program or the community
- Developed Traffic Calming measures to reduce vehicle travel speeds through the community to discourage cut-through traffic on residential roadways
- Designed off-site roadway improvements including three interchange modifications
- Designed traffic signal installations, a modern roundabout, and by-pass roadway design.
Jeffrey S. Dirk, P.E., PTOE
Complete – Ongoing
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.