Lafayette Road (Route 1), Route 107 and Provident Way
Seabrook, New Hampshire
VAI provided transportation planning, highway engineering and construction services for the proposed roadway and traffic control improvements along a 2,500 foot section of Lafayette Road (Route 1) associated with the Seabrook Crossing development. The improvements included roadway widening on Route 1, Provident Way and Route 107 (a major connector road to I-95) to accommodate additional through and turning lanes for increased capacity; 5-foot shoulders for bicycle access, installation of a new traffic signal at the Perkins Avenue intersection and traffic signal timing, phasing and system coordination updates at the intersections of Route 1/Route 107/Provident Way, Route 1/ Chevy Chase Road/Site Drive, Provident Way/Walmart Drive/ Site Drive and Route 1/ Perkins Avenue/Site Drive. Work also included drainage and utility system modifications, sidewalk and wheelchair ramp reconstruction for ADA/AAB compliance; pavement markings and signing; and pavement milling and overlay. The design required close coordination with the NHDOT on-going Route 1 Corridor Reconstruction Project to assure the two projects were properly interfaced on plan and profile and traffic signal system coordination which included the installation of a new fiber-optic line along Route 1.
Planning & Design Services
- Traffic Impact Assessment
- Preparation of preliminary through final design plans, specifications, and cost estimate
- Traffic signal layout, phasing, timing and coordination, including adaptive signal control
- Grading and drainage plans
- Preparation of right-of-way (ROW) and layout plans
Construction Services (on-going)
- Preparation/attendance at pre-bid and construction meetings
- Response to contractor questions and requests for information
- Review of shop drawings and part-time on-site observation
- Temporary traffic control plans for construction operations
- Utility coordination
Stephen M. Boudreau, P.E.
Daniel DeRoche, P.E.
Complete – Ongoing
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.