Winter Street Corridor Improvements
VAI provided transportation planning and engineering services for this $2,500,000 improvement project, in support of the proposed Verizon site redevelopment. This complex project was an extension of the newly constructed Winter Street interchange with Route 128/I-95 and required close coordination with MassDOT and City of Waltham officials. The proposed improvements included roadway realignment and extensive widening at the 3 major intersections with over 2,000 feet of roadway widening on Winter Street; installation of new traffic signals and coordinated system was provided at West Street, First Avenue and Second Avenue; construction of major drainage system and stormwater BMP’s; sidewalk and wheelchair ramp reconstruction for ADA/AAB compliance; utility relocations; pavement markings and signing; and pavement milling and overlay.
Planning & Design Services
- Traffic Impact Assessment including operations and safety analysis, findings and recommended mitigation measures
- Environmental Impact Report
- Functional Design Report
- MassDOT Application for Permit to Access State Highway
- Preliminary and Final Design Plans, Specifications and Cost Estimate in accordance with MassDOT and Federal design guidelines and standards
- Traffic analysis; and traffic signal layout, phasing, timing, and coordination system
- Pedestrian accommodations
- Preparation/attendance at pre-bid and construction meetings
- Response to contractor questions and requests for information
- Review of shop drawings
- Part-time on-site observation
- Temporary traffic control plans for construction operations
- Utility coordination
Stephen M. Boudreau, P.E.
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.