Route 1 at University Avenue, Everett Street and Route 1A, and Everett Street at Clapboardtree Street
Norwood and Westwood, Massachusetts
VAI provided planning and engineering services for Phase II transportation improvements at the intersections of Route 1 at University Avenue, Everett Street and Route 1A, and Everett Street at Clapboardtree Street in Norwood and Westwood. This work was associated with the development of the University Station Project in Westwood, Massachusetts. The work included roadway widening to accommodate additional travel and turning lanes for increased capacity, traffic signal modifications/upgrades to accommodate the proposed intersection geometric changes, drainage modifications, sidewalk and wheelchair ramp reconstruction for ADA/AAB compliance, pavement markings and signing, and pavement milling and overlay.
Planning & Design Services
- Assisted with the preparation of Environmental Impact Report
- Functional Design Report
- MassDOT Application for Permit to Access State Highway
- Preliminary through Final Design Plans, Specifications and Cost Estimate in accordance with MassDOT and Federal design guidelines and standards
- Pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
- Traffic analysis, and traffic signal layout, phasing, timing and system coordination
- Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement and the Traffic Signal Regulations
- Preparation/attendance at pre-bid and construction meetings
- Response to contractor questions and requests for information
- Review of shop drawings
- Part-time on-site observation
- Temporary traffic control plans for construction operations
Stephen M. Boudreau, P.E.
Get in touch with us today to collaborate on your next project.